Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Nueva Yorka - home of Guerilla Street Performance, Tasty Chicken and John Brown

So here I find myself at the onramp of the highway that is my forthcoming trip.

I have been in New York since Sunday and as always I am having an excellent time here shopping, eating and miming my way (to those who hate, step your mime game up)
through these 5 boroughs.

Highlights of the trip include the following:
- Walking up Rivington with my sister, when I noticed a blind man being a little liberal with the swinging of his cane. When Lindsay went to pass him he started swinging it in every direction Lindsay was trying to walk. After we walked passed, my sister remarked "you know, I don't think he was blind"
- Korean Fried Chicken: The much-lauded artery clogging culinary delight from the land of the Choson Dynasty. Double fried, with either a spicy or sweet sauce surely did not dissapoint (insert Seoul Food joke, they have the internet food scene going nuts)
- Seeing the Emir of the Burbz, John Brown from VH1's The White Rapper Show. In line with his constant boasts throughout the season, it seems John Brown does HAVE black friends!!! And highly visible ones at that.

Now i'm going to get my last bagel for a cpl of months, savour it and then peace out of here...

Also there will be no non-sequitor wikipedia link this time, deal with it.

P.S I CAN'T WAIT TO SEND ALL MY READERS MASS EMAILS WITH BUENOS DIAS FROM ________. Nothing says I'm in a foreign country like a boring ass email with the local language used in the subject line only!!!

1 comment:

nattybakes said...

im looking forward to hearing about the dulce de leche stuff you eat

I'm gonna miss you on the internet (like when you're on the internet from toronto i mean... it's just not the same when you're on the internet in other places)